GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress
Last Updated on March 1, 2022
Shopping for an eco-friendly mattress? You’ve come to the right place. Here, see how the GhostBed Natural stacks up against the Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress, so you can decide on the best choice for your needs and budget.
To quickly summarize everything we’ll cover in this post, here’s a simple comparison chart to explore the benefits and features of the GhostBed Natural vs. the Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress. Take a look below to compare the two and read on for more details.
|Feature||GhostBed Natural Hybrid||Awara Premier Natural Hybrid|
|MATTRESS WEIGHT (QUEEN)||89 lbs||100 lbs|
|MATERIALS / DURABILITY (via MATTRESS ADVISOR)||9/10||9/10|
|SOCIAL IMPACT (via MATTRESS ADVISOR)||6/10||5/10|
|MATTRESS FIRMNESS (10 being the firmest)||6||6.5|
|MADE IN THE USA||Yes||No|
|100+ DAY TRIAL PERIOD||Yes||Yes|
Price Comparison Chart
Below we have prepared a cost comparison chart between the GhostBed Natural and the Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress. As you can see, the Awara mattress is more expensive than a GhostBed Natural in every size, making the GhostBed a more economical option.
|Size||GhostBed Natural Mattress*||Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress*|
|Twin XL||$1,800 $1,260||$1,399|
|Cal King||$2,475 $1,733||$1,899|
|Split King||$3,600 $2,520||N/A|
*Prices may not reflect current promotions and sales.
Materials & Durability
Now, let's get into what you're really here to find out—which mattress has superior materials and durability. When considering materials, it's important to remember that GhostBed has over 20 years of experience in the manufacturing industry. This experience has allowed us to source the best fabrics, latex, coils and more through our long-standing industry connections.
Although both brands have a similar concept, it is safe to say that GhostBed, as reviewed, is built from superior materials.
Layer Quality and Quantity
GhostBed Natural has 5 individual layers while Awara's mattress has 4, making GhostBed the obvious victor for layer quantity and quality. Here’s a rundown of the different layers:
- A luxuriously soft USDA-certified organic cotton cover that lays over 1.8 oz. of natural wool for a chemical- and toxin-free sleeping experience. (If you hear wool and think "hot," think again! Wool actually helps to disperse your body heat. And bonus—it functions as a natural fire barrier.)
- 2" Natural Talalay Latex layer to cradle your body without making you feel too "sunk in.” Talalay Latex is a synthetic latex that performs in the same (if not better) way as the real thing.
- Under the Talalay Latex layer is the supportive 8" individually-wrapped and reinforced coils for that weightless "floating on a cloud" feeling everyone loves. And don't forget the Spirited Edge™ support, making the GhostBed Natural easier to sit on comfortably without slipping off.
- Finally, the 1" Dunlop Latex base provides the reliable support, durability and longevity you've come to expect in a luxury mattress.
Here at GhostBed, we’ve been eco-friendly champions from the start. In fact, we were one of the very first "bed-in-a-box" companies back in a time when the idea of receiving a mattress in the mail sounded impossible. These days, everyone knows about vacuum-sealed beds that effortlessly arrive at your door, and there's a good chance you know someone who has one and loves it!
The Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress has some impressive eco-friendly claims, like natural latex, organic New Zealand wool and organic cotton. Unfortunately, if you look at the legal tag on Awara’s mattress, you’ll notice that the cover is mostly made from polyester, with the top being only 30% cotton.
It’s essential to also keep in mind that Awara mattresses are manufactured in China. As you may know, buying products manufactured overseas can contribute to a heightened need for fossil fuel expenditure. And if you've been paying attention to the worldwide issues with shipping delays, going with an American-made company just makes better sense.
When it comes to a mattress, comfort is king. But comfort is also subjective. Back, stomach and side sleepers all require a mattress constructed to suit their preferred sleeping style. Both GhostBed and Awara have strived to design and create a roster of mattresses that will fit all sleep preferences—which is extremely helpful if you share your bed with a sleeping partner.
Mattress Clarity cites the GhostBed Natural as being ideal for "people who want an eco-friendly mattress, those who like responsive and springy mattresses and people looking for an especially durable mattress."
They also point out: "With its strong coils and responsive latex foam, the GhostBed Natural has a balanced feel that works for many different types of sleepers. When you rest your head at the top of the mattress, you'll feel its bouncy coils underneath you. Because of this, it's super easy to move around on top of it."
In the mattress industry, firmness is ranked on a scale of 1 (the softest) to 10 (the hardest). If a mattress is ranked in the 5-7 range, it is typically categorized as a "universal" feel, meaning side, back and stomach sleepers will all enjoy them. The GhostBed Natural comes in at a 6, and the Awara Premier Natural Hybrid mattress clocks in at a 6.5 (meaning it is a bit firmer than the GhostBed Natural). If a balanced, comfy sleeping space is what you're looking for—definitely go with the GhostBed Natural.
Because the Awara is a firmer mattress, it keeps you from sinking too far into the bed, which can function as a cooling element. But suppose a slightly softer mattress is your preference. In that case, you will want to go with the GhostBed Natural and its naturally cooling latex core, airflow-enhancing coils, heat-dispersing natural wool and breathable cotton cover. In fact, we’ve been champions of cooling sleep technology from the beginning. Every product we make has cooling features built in, and our Natural Hybrid mattress is no different.
Having a substantial trial period allows you to get to know your mattress in the comfort of your own home without any pressure. After all, it takes at least 30 days for your body to acclimate to a new mattress.
Both Awara and GhostBed go the extra mile by offering lengthy trial periods, with GhostBed allowing a 101-night sleep test and Awara boasting a 365-night trial. These generous trial periods certainly will enable you to determine if the mattress you selected really provides the ultimate night's sleep.
According to the mattress review site Tuck, you should keep this in mind when considering the durability of an Awara mattress:
"Since Awara launched in 2018, the company has not yet been around long enough for long-term owner information on the mattress's longevity."
Made in the USA
It's never been more critical to support American-made products. It helps to grow our economy, keeps down carbon emissions and helps to create jobs for real Americans. All GhostBed mattresses (including the Natural) are proudly manufactured in the U.S.A.
Awara mattresses, on the other hand, are made in China.
We also understand that how you pay for a mattress matters too. You may find that you need to pick up a new mattress at an unexpected time, making financing options a deciding factor for many. Both GhostBed and Awara offer as little as 0% APR financing on the purchase of a new mattress through Affirm. GhostBed goes one step further with an additional payment option through Splitit, which requires no applications, credit checks or late fees ever!
Awara boasts a "forever" warranty. That sounds fantastic, but let’s look into the details to see what that really means. When reading Awara’s warranty details we found that they'll cover a 1.5-inch "indentation." Meaning, if your mattress begins sagging down 1.5" or more, you're covered.
GhostBed, on the other hand, covers you at the 1" mark, which is a pretty big difference when it comes to your comfort. So even though Awara’s mattress warranty lasts longer than our 25-year warranty, it’s actually irrelevant because you will have to sleep on your mattress for much longer before it is ever eligible for Awara’s warranty.
We hope we’ve helped you decide on which mattress suits your eco-friendly sleeping needs when comparing the GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid. If at any time you would like help in deciding if the GhostBed Natural is the ideal Earth-conscious mattress for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Sleep Experts!
Interested in a different GhostBed mattress? I’m proud to report that all GhostBed mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified, which means they're free of harmful chemicals and low in VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions.
After undergoing three neck surgeries, Marc knew what it was like to live and sleep in constant pain. In 2001, after searching fruitlessly for a comfortable pillow and mattress that supported his neck and back ... Learn More
Quality • Comfort • Cooling
From $945 $662Shop Mattresses
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for You
- GhostBed’s Mattress Size Guide
- Mattress Disposal & Donation Guide
- Do I Need a Box Spring with My Mattress?
- How You Can Finance a Mattress Easily: Two Finance Options
- When Should I Replace My Mattress: The Definitive Guide
- Three Step-Process to Buying a Mattress Online
- What is the Best Memory Foam Mattress To Purchase?
- Shipping a Mattress: Top Questions Answered
- 4 Reasons to Buy a Mattress-in-a Box
- How Long Does a Mattress Last?
- How to Choose a Mattress Type: Memory Foam, Latex, Innerspring, Hybrid
- What is a Split King Mattress & Is it Worth It?
- How Much Does a Good Mattress Cost? (2022 Guide)
- Guide: Firm vs Soft Mattress - Pros & Cons
- Mattress Firmness Guide & Scale
- What is a Hybrid Mattress?
- Learn How to Clean Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How To Remove Blood Stains From Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Get Urine Out of Your Memory Foam Mattress
- How to Disinfect & Sanitize Your Memory Foam Mattress
- The Benefits and 4-Step Process to Rotating Your Mattress
- Top 10 Reasons for Eco Friendly Mattress Cleaning
- How To Move a Mattress: Step-by-Step Guide
- Battle of the Beds: Memory Foam vs. Spring Mattresses
- Which is Best: Foundation vs Boxspring
- Which is Best: Latex vs Memory Foam Mattress
- GhostBed vs. Casper Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Purple Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Leesa Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tuft & Needle Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Lull Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Loom & Leaf Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Saatva Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Helix Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Novosbed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs Yogabed Mattress Review
- GhostBed vs. Nectar Mattress Review
- GhostBed Natural vs. Awara Premier Natural Hybrid Mattress
- GhostBed Luxe vs Purple 4, Casper Wave, Leesa Sapira & Tempur-Pedic
- 10 Health Benefits of an Adjustable Bed Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Amerisleep Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Lucid Adjustable Base Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Tempur-Ergo Plus Review
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leesa Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Nectar Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Leggett & Platt Simplicity 3.0 Adjustable Base
- GhostBed Adjustable Base vs Reverie 4M Adjustable Base
- 6 Benefits of Sleeping with Your Legs Elevated
- 9 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Head Elevated
- 10 Quality of Life Benefits of an Adjustable Base Bed
- 6 Benefits of a Zero Gravity Adjustable Bed Base
- How to Sleep Better with Acid Reflux
- Sleeping Elevated Helps with Spinal Alignment & Spinal Health
- Timeline & History of Adjustable Base Bed
- Why GhostBed’s Adjustable Base is High Quality but Less Expensive Than the Competition?
- GhostPillow vs MyPillow® Comparison
- Cooling Pillow Technology and Benefits
- Guide: How to Wash Any Pillow
- Guide: Best Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Hip Pain for 2021
- Best Sleeping Positions for Back Pain
- How to Choose the Best Mattress for Arthritis & Joint Pain
- Guide: Best Firm Mattress for 2020
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Mattress for Back Pain
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Kids
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for the Money
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Heavy People
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Athletes
- Guide: The Best Mattresses for All Types of Couples
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Snoring
- Guide: The Best Mattress for Fibromyalgia (+ Tips for Great Sleep)
- Guide: Best Tips & Mattress for Sex
- What Is the Best Side to Sleep on for Your Health?
- Best Sleep Positions During Pregnancy
- Easy Guide to Determining How Much Sleep You Need
- 16 Tips on How to Fall Asleep Quickly
- 4 Tips to Do When You Can't Sleep
- 9 FAQs: Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Cooling Tips for Better Sleep
- Guide: Best Cooling Mattress for Hot Sleepers
- Guide: Science and Benefits of Sleeping Cool
- Sleep Trimester Guide for Pregnancy: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Tips for Healthy Sleeping During Pregnancy
- 9 Sleep Tips When Feeling Sick & How to Recover Fast
- Guide: How to Sleep with Insomnia & Sleep Better
- Guide: Restless Legs Syndrome and Sleep
- Guide: Tips & Tricks to Get Kids to Sleep & Recommended Sleep Hours
- Narcolepsy Guide: Signs & Treatments to Relieve Narcolepsy
- Guide: How to sleep Better with a Chronic Illness
- Guide: The Importance of Sleep for Weight Loss
- Sleeping Tips: Complete Sleep Tips Guide for New Moms
- How to Choose the Perfect Frame & Headboard for Your Adjustable Base
- Size Comparison Guide: Twin vs Twin XL Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: Full vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: King vs Queen Mattress
- Size Comparison Guide: California King vs King Mattress
- The Ultimate Guide to Pillowcases
- Guide: 3 Key Benefits of Silk Pillowcases
- Guide: How to Choose the Best Silk Pillowcase
- Silk Pillowcases: Your Newest Beauty Secret
- Guide: What is Mulberry Silk?
- How to Care for Your Silk Pillowcase
- How Often to Replace Bed Sheets
- How to Buy the Right Bed Sheets
- How to Wash Bed Sheets
- Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Supima Cotton
- Guide to Cotton Sheets: What to Know About Egyptian, Pima and Supima
- Guide: Why Thread Count Does Not Matter When Buying Sheets
- Guide: Why Buy Cooling Bed Sheets
- Guide: How To Choose the Best Bed Sheets